| Is Competition Christian?
The World’s View of competition VS. The Christian’s view of competition
1. An individual’s worth is determined 1. God unconditionally loves each person
by him, awards and achievements.
2. All of us must compete to prove our value. 2. We are all worth much to Christ
and need to prove nothing.
3. The one who wins is most respected. 3. We are all equally important
and necessary in the Body
4. We must rely on our own strength 4. We can do all things through
in competition. Christ’s strength.
5. You may need to “step on people” 5. We must compete fairly
to reach your goal. and morally.
6. Losing is a personal failure 6. It is God’s will that we
and is to be avoided. learn to grow through our
7. A person competes for 7. A Christian competes
personal gain. for personal improvement
and to advance God’s kingdom.
8. The winner gains personal 8. A Christian attributes his
glory for his achievements. success to God and gives
Him the glory.
9. To compete successfully, one 9. Cooperation and love are
can have an animosity keys; we should rejoice in
toward the opponent. others’ victories.
10. Winning is defeating the opponent. 10. Winning is doing my best
and leaving the rest to God.